Hey there[edit source]
Hey Bludwyng, I'm Tagaziel from Curse. I've noticed your activity in the RC and I have to say, it's damn impressive. Is there any way I could help you out to make editing easier? Tagaziel (talk) 08:39, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
- I appreciate the shoutout but I am pretty comfortable with the process, as you might have guessed. :) About the only thing I can complain about is the moment or two delay when you open an Edit before the window settles. That bump-bump-bump as the screen moves down is annoying, but I am a lot faster than your average editor so it becomes really noticeable. There is, actually, one thing I would like to do. I would like to add some auto-linking to the "This page does not exist" output but I could not find the setting in the admin / Special pages. It may be that is above my permissions level. Bludwyng (talk) 14:34, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
- Well, the editor is a beast that takes some time to get used to with the bump, I did lose some contribs a number of times.
- Regarding "this page does not exist": You can find a list of all system messages at Special:Allmessages (don't tell it to load more than 2k messages, though, the server throws a fit when you do that). The text for a redlink is here:
- Or was it something else you were referring to? Tagaziel (talk) 14:51, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
Np i fixed, better i dont complicate xD now i will put only Category:Spells xD
Comma list[edit source]
I think this is what you're referring to:
From what I understand (dammit, I'm a writer, not a software engineer, Jim!), this is a pretty robust piece of code. I've used greatly simplified variants on other wikis and it does help. Tagaziel (talk) 19:47, 15 October 2015 (UTC)
- Serves me right for not paying attention and doing it late at night. I think what you're referring to is basically concatenation, like in spreadsheets? I've forwarded the question to The Man and The Man said that we surely do wiki code expansions - we just need to have an idea of what you need. I'll see what I can arrange about that. Tagaziel (talk) 10:16, 16 October 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, Special was not really what I am talking about. That was just a fancy way of evaluating a #switch decision tree and outputting an Attribute. #commalist is considerably more powerful. Look at the examples in the docs I linked to you. Do me a favor and make sure The Man gets that link and takes a look at it. In other news, the link you gave me showed me a MediaWiki extension I was not aware of, #vardefine and #var, that hit me like a thunderbolt. This allows the template creator to perform Data Normalization. Mind. Blown. I am definitely gonna start using that! --Bludwyng (talk) 14:48, 16 October 2015 (UTC)
Hah, you got me there!
- I'll look into it. Hey, in the meantime, would you like an invite to the Gamepedia Slack? I'm pretty sure it will allow for any technical issues to be resolved much more quickly than by a simple back and forth! :) Tagaziel (talk) 14:52, 8 February 2016 (UTC)