A point system to reflect the interest that Non Player Character (NPC) has in a Character, to do Focus on him.
Threat is acumulative and each NPC has indemepndent own Aggro and Threat Values.
- A boss on battle has her Treat Values. Boss summones 4 spiders. Each spaider begains with null Threat Values. Here, one Threat could be the diference between life or dead, Boss continue focus Tank, but spiders could not.
- 1 Mechanics
- 2 Generation
- 3 Ways to Increase Threat
- 4 Ways of Low Threat
- 5 Strategies
- 6 Unconfirmed
- 7 Examples of Use
- 8 Further reading
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- "Aggro" refers to the amount of Threat you have on a Target.
- "The Person with Aggro" is the person currently being attacked or focused by the mob.
In terms of team play, particularly in Instances, a Tank is required to keep Aggro off the more squishier team members such as DPS, Damage Dealeres, Supports or Healers. This can be achieved through the use of specific spells that threaten the mob, high DPS, or a combination thereof. It is therefor the tanks first and formost responsability to deliver high TPS.
For anyone to die at the Party, Team Play is needed:
- Tank --> Should try to hold the Aggro, trying to do most Threat.
- Others --> Should take care from get Aggro, no doing more Threat than the Tank.
¡¡To take more time to kill a Boss, is better than lost a DPS or Healer!!
Generation[edit | edit source]
Damage[edit | edit source]
- Threat Generated = 100% Damage Done.
- Only generates Threat on the damaged NPC.
Heals[edit | edit source]
- Threat generated = 25% of HP recovered (healing self, test with others plz, 50% or 25%?).
- Only generates Threat if it recovers HP (Hit points).
- ¡¡The Threat generated is done to all enemies that are in battle again the character healed!!
- Take care when Party Members do low damage or low Threat generation, especially at biginning of the battle or using "Heals of AoE (Area of Efect)"!!
- Healing includes hp regained from pots,but mana regained from pots has no Threat per mana.
Provoke (Aggressive Creature)[edit | edit source]
- When an aggressive mob aggro's onto a player they are given +1 Threat. This same Threat is given to whoever initiates combat with a non agressive NPC.
Use of Skill or Objet[edit | edit source]
- Using some ability or objet causes +1 Threat.
- This includes all abilities and objets use; regardless of whether they heal, do damage or none of the above such as Mana Return.
Buff and DeBuff[edit | edit source]
- Casting some Buff or DeBuff causes 2 Threat. This might be the generic +1 for an ability use, then another +1 if you make a Buff appear.
- Using a mana pot causes +2 Threat similar to a Buff and it does not matter if you have full mana or the pot restores a lot. This might be that any benefitical effect/Buf that appears on your bar gives 2 Threat.
Skills with "Each skill level adds to aggro"[edit | edit source]
Skills to do Threat[edit | edit source]
Skills to get the Aggro[edit | edit source]
Skills to lose the Aggro[edit | edit source]
Ways to Increase Threat[edit | edit source]
Ways of Low Threat[edit | edit source]
Strategies[edit | edit source]
(This space is for add some strategies that you want to share) \b
Unconfirmed[edit | edit source]
- 110% of the tanks threat to pull aggro if you are in melee range, 130% of the tanks threat to pull aggro if you are at ranged.