Runes of Magic Wiki talk:Community portal
Guild Pages[edit source]
Should the guild pages be moved to a dedicated Guild page namespace? Typically, the mainspace should be reserved for game documentation. Since guilds come and go, would it be more practical to have them separated? Also, should a policy for deleting or archiving guilds that have been disbanded in game be developed? --Wynthyst 14:34, 24 November 2010 (UTC)
It strikes me that only the guilds that are at least somewhat large and in it for the long haul will bother to create guild pages anyways, though having them in a seperate namespace may make things easier to manage somewhat. --Deveyus 14:11, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
- The reason I mention a separate namespace is that as I was going through the guilds listed on the various guild lists, several of the entries link to mainspace articles as guilds have been named after things in the game. This becomes problematic, and could easily be resolved by moving them all into a designated namespace. --Wynthyst 04:51, 13 December 2010 (UTC)
- I tried to move stuff to their own namespace a year ago but people moved them back because; we don't sort stuff like that here, and this is what comes of that sort of thing. I say just move them to a seperate namespace and everything should clean up nicely Neouni 17:32, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
- As you mentioned before, guilds come and go. There aren't a lot of guilds that are in it for the long haul. So if it's easier for guilds to manage their profile at a different namespace and it's easier for linking game related names. I'd choose using a dedicated guild page namespace. --Kilo4echo 07:54, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
- If the plan is to go down the namespace rabbit hole, then it would make more sense to have namespaces for the individual servers. Sebkha 21:06, 23 December 2010 (UTC)
- No, a single Guild namespace would be adequate. It would be ridiculous to create a namespace for each server. A category perhaps, but not a namespace. --Wynthyst 08:01, 24 December 2010 (UTC)
Hello. I'm new here but since I ran across a problem making a guild page that directly relates to this issue, I felt it would be good to mention. The problem with not making a category?namespace? for each server is that when you have a popular guild name (such as the one I'm in, Empire) you find that someone has already taken the guild namespace. (EG Guild:Empire) In my case, I had to choose Guild:Empire-Govinda to create a guild page that was somehow different from the Empire page already in place. Then I had to manually edit the US_Guild_List page to add in my guild's page under Govinda to make it show up and titled it simply Empire. I feel this was inefficient and excessive. If I was a total newbie to Wikis, I wouldn't have known quite what to do to make my page show up and if I had, it probably would have shown up as Empire-Govinda. I'm wondering if this is something fixable/worth fixing, or if wiki contributors should simply adopt a form of suffix or prefix when making their guild pages like I did mine.
I would like to have an up-to-date list of all items in the game's Item Shop listed here on the wiki.
Should the items on the Item Shop page be sorted alphabetically, or in the order they're listed in the game?
My proposal is to list them as they are shown in-game, ordered horizontally, then vertically. This would look like:
etc. ...Thoughts? --Kousotsu 21:53, 18 February 2013 (UTC)