Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Runes of Magic Wiki:Community portal
Need help, want something changed or want to debate about something? In the community portal you will find exactly what you need!
to your watchlist and stay on top of things!
Runes of Magic Wiki is a community project run entirely by volunteers to provide information for the game.
Our community of editors is open to anyone. If you would like to join in:
Alternatively, just type a new article name in the search box. A link will be provided to start the article at the top of the search results.
Curse wiki staff[edit source]
Community administrators[edit source]
Current wiki news[edit source]
Recently, Bludwyng became a Sysop here and started a major revision of the wiki, including a complete suite of more-powerful Templates. He has written adapters to convert the old templates to use the new ones. For the moment, we are not advocating wholesale editing of all the old pages to use the new templates, but eventually that is optimal. For the time being it is important to use the new templates instead of the old ones.
- Quests: Template:BWQuest instead of Template:Quest
- Mobs: Template:Mob instead of Template:Monster
- Items: Template:BWItem instead of Template:Item
- Zones: Template:Zone
- POIs: Template:POI
- Objects: Template:Object
- Linkers: see Category:Linker Templates - These replace and improve the standard wiki linking, making it possible to colorize the links in a relevant way.
Remember, Job One for this wiki is to make sure that, when a player hits a spot they cannot figure out, the answer is here. Later, we can worry about filling every hole in our information, but for now... If you had to think twice about it when you were running that quest, be sure we have a page and that it is correct.
Do not obsess over every word of dialogue in the game. If you can look it up again, there, we do not need to duplicate it here. We care about:
- How did you get this quest? What did you have to do before you could do this?
- How do you complete this quest?
- What comes next?
If you have an item in your bags, make sure we know what it is, where it comes from, and what it does.
Requests for Comment[edit source]
Requests for comment are for assisting editors in gathering further input on any wiki matter. This can be useful in generating discussion, resolving disputes, or reaching consensus. All editors are welcome to assist with a request by responding within the linked talk page. Remember that the Runes of Magic Wiki operates on a system of consensus rather than voting, and explaining your reasoning can generally be more helpful than simply supporting one side of a dispute.
To create a new request: add an item to the top of the list below, providing a brief, neutral summary of the issue and linking to an appropriate talk page section, without using alternative text for the link.
- Guild pages - Should guild pages be moved into a separate dedicated namespace?
- Item Shop - Best way to list items: alphabetical or the way they are sorted in-game?
- Looking for an opinion on how to deal with boss information, for instances in specific. I am thinking I'll list the bosses in the same format as Boss_Base but one table for each instance. Or should I compile all of them into 1 page? Should this page be the same as Boss_Base?
- Finally settled on Template:Boss to better organize the info on the instance's Zone page, and on each boss mob's Mob page.