Category:Festival of Fire
- 1 Festival Overview
- 2 Events
- 2.1 Silverspring
- 2.2 Thunderhoof Hills/Dalanis Gates
- 2.3 Dust Devil Canyon/Valley of Scars
In the past, when the frost and snow fell and the moon disappeared from the sky, the Frostmoon Demon Beast Thysdyr would awaken from his sleep and cause destruction everywhere. At the time, the people had no way to stop him, so they could only flee. They would wait for Thysdyr to leave, then return to rebuild their homes. The villagers lived through this nightmare year after year, until one year at this time, a strangely-dressed traveler came to visit even though he knew the terrible beast would attack.
That night, as Thysdyr's angry roar drew nearer and nearer, the traveler sat in the empty city, quietly waiting... The next day, the villagers returned to find their village untouched. Surprised, they asked the traveler what had happened. It turns out that Thysdyr was afraid of rune-catalyzed flame. This exciting news spread quickly to all the nearby villages. After that, every time the Frostmoon Beast awoke, he could only continue to hide in the darkness.
Many years have passed, and Thysdyr hasn't been seen for a long time. But every year when the snowy season arrives, people build a giant pyre and dance around it, throwing in rune catalysts. They celebrate day and night, and call the celebration the Festival of Fire. 
Festival Overview[edit | edit source]
- Festival Activities conducted in Silverspring, Dust Devil Canyon and Thunderhoof Hills.
- Festival NPCs will be located at: Varanas, Silverspring, Dust Devil Canyon, Dalanis City.
- 8 Festival Events
- All events may be done once per day only (unless you use a Festival of Fire Repeat Ticket)
- Event Currency: Festival of Fire Voucher
Ajis [Party Chef] in Varanas Central Plaza, or Lujken Lajet [Fire Official] at Dalanis Gates, will give you a Fire Festival Blessing Box, Earth Element ×20, and Geo Draconaris ×10 in exchange for Festival of Fire Voucher ×5, or trade you a Festival of Fire Repeat Ticket for a Transport Portal Rune.
Completing any of the event tasks may also award you a 1 hour Acclaim buff:
Acclaim Buffs[edit | edit source]
Completing some events will motivate the NPC to give you an Acclaim Buff lasting 1 hour. This is in addition to any rewards.
- Acclaim of Blessing: Adds 200 to Strength, Dexterity, and Stamina
- Acclaim of Dynamism: Adds 200 to Physical Damage and increases Physical Damage by 1%
- Acclaim of Energy: Adds 500 to Magical Attack, and increases Magical Attack by 1%
- Acclaim of Magic: Adds 200 to Magical Damage and increases Magical Damage by 1%
- Acclaim of Prayer: Adds 200 to Intelligence, Wisdom, and Stamina
- Acclaim of Vigor: Increases your HP by 1000 and Maximum HP by 1%
Zodiac and Draco Pets[edit | edit source]
- Ic Summoning Stone - Newborn Capricorn Pet + Geo Draconaris x10 = Ic Newborn Crius Draco Pet Egg
- Ic Summoning Stone - Adult Capricorn Pet + Geo Draconaris x10 = Ic Adult Crius Draco Pet Egg
- Ic Summoning Stone - Legendary Capricorn Pet + Geo Draconaris x10 = Ic Legendary Crius Draco Pet Egg
For more information see Zodiac and Draco Pets.
Titles[edit | edit source]
You may earn the following titles during this event.
- Sir Explode-a-Pot - Burned a dish of either meat in the Iron Chef event.
- Supreme Chef - Cook all 12 dishes in the Iron Chef event.
- Highscore - Win the Flame of Fortune game
- Thysdar's Hunter - Kill 1 Thysdyr of each kind (2 total) in the Drive Beast event.
- Thysdar's bane - Kill 20 Thysdyrs of each kind (40 total) in the Drive Beast event.
Events[edit | edit source]
You CAN get the needed Festival of Fire Voucher ×5 each day without doing the timed events and without using a Festival of Fire Repeat Ticket, but you have to do all five of the following events/tasks every day:
- Party Pest Control - Blast the Hungry Mice!
- Iron Chef - Cook a meal
- Rune Chessboard - Light the gems
- Ignite the Holy Fire Altar - Drive a chariot at Varanas Gates to light the torches
- Light the Pyre! - at Dalanis Gates in Thundering Hills
Silverspring[edit | edit source]
Varanas Central Plaza[edit | edit source]
Party Pest Control[edit | edit source]
- NPC: Ajis [Party Chef]
- Event type: find and defeat
- Start location: Varanas Central Plaza
- Event location: Varanas Gates
- Event Target: Find Hungry Mice and drive 10 of them away with the use of the Flame Altar
- Rewards: Festival of Fire Voucher ×1 and Festival Fireworks ×3
Go to Varanas Gates, find the Flame Altar, and get as much Arcane Flame as you can carry (100)! Now target a Hungry Mouse and use the Arcane Flame skill (Alt-1) to drive it away. When you target the Hungry Mouse, make note of his Ferocity level. If your Arcane Flame is less than his Ferocity you will need more Arcane Flame! If his Ferocity is more and you use Arcane Flame anyway, you will be struck with Thought Bondage and unable to move for a few seconds.
Iron Chef[edit | edit source]
- NPC: Drake Gates [Silverfall Chef]
- Event type: Collect Items & Cook
- Start location: Varanas Gates
- Event Target: Collect food in Silverspring and cook it in the Silverfall Fire at Varanas Central Plaza
- Repeatable every 3 hours (3 hour cooldown effect Chef's Hard Work placed on your Effect Bar)
- There is no visible cook timer but what you get depends on how long it cooks, unless you wait too long and burn it. Burn it and you get nothing (except a title)!
- Festival of Fire Voucher (only the first time each day)
- Flame Rune ×2 (talk to Aishas Garcia about this)
- One of the following foods: (seconds indicate approximate cook time, all food buffs last 1800 seconds)
- from Ostrich Meat:
- 0-1 second: Rare Ostrich Steak - (Wisdom + 100) x 15% + 100
- 2 seconds: Steamed Ostrich Bun - (Intelligence + 100) x 15% + 100
- 4-5 seconds: Ostrich Sandwich - (Stamina + 100) x 15% + 100
- 7 seconds: Stewed Ostrich Wing - (Dexterity + 100) x 15% + 100
- 8 seconds: Crisp Ostrich Meal - (Strength + 100) x 15% + 100
- 12 seconds: Crispy Grilled Ostrich Wing - (All attributes + 75) x 10% + 75
- from Wild Boar Meat:
- 0-1 seconds: Fresh Boar Steak - (MP + 2000) x 10% + 2000
- 2 seconds: Stir-Fried Boar Meat - (Magical Defense + 5000) x 11% + 5000
- 4-5 seconds: Steamed Boar Bun - (Physical Defense + 5000) x 11% + 5000
- 7 seconds: Boar Meat Stew - (Magical Attack Power + 2000) x 15% + 2000
- 8 seconds: Smoked Boar Meat - (Physical Attack Power + 2000) x 15% + 2000
- 12 seconds: Crispy Grilled Boar Steak - (HP + 2000) x 10% + 2000
- from Ostrich Meat:
Get Ostrich Meat (rare drop) (NOT the Ostrich Tailbone Meat!) from Colorful Ostriches or Young Ostriches in Tagena, and/or Wild Boar Meat (common drop) from Charging Boars just north of Varanas Gates or Black Boars on the north side of Maidge's Farm, in Silverspring.
Once you have the meat, use the Silverfall Fire next to Drake Gates, choose a recipe, and use the Extinguish skill to douse the flames at the right moment! You must rest 3 hours after each cooking attempt.
Hint: We strongly recommend you use 2 rows in your bags to keep the food organized so you know at a glance which foods you have and which you have yet to perfect. Every time you cook, strive to fill one of the holes.
Varanas Gates/Bridge[edit | edit source]
Ignite the Holy Fire Altar[edit | edit source]
- NPC: Dorimy Laso [Holy Fire Apprentice]
- Event type: mini-game
- Start location: Next to bridge in front of Varanas
- Register, hop into one chariot and drive along the line of altars that need to get ignited
- Rewards: Flame Rune ×2, plus...
- 1 altar lit:
- 2+ altara lit: Above, plus Festival of Fire Voucher, plus...
She wants you to drive one of the Holy Flame Chariots and use it's Holy Flame to ignite 7 altars within 60 seconds.
- The chariots have a very large turn radius
- The mouse moves your viewpoint only. Only WASD and up-down-left-right will move the chariot. Think of it like driving a tank.
- The altars tend to be among obstructions to force you to eat time getting in and out.
- You are not there to shoot flame. The whole front of the chariot is on fire. Just bump into the altar to light it.
Rune Chessboard[edit | edit source]
|Game start delay timer|
- Registrar: Roger Lincoln [Rune Researcher]
- Event type: Team-based mini-game
- Start location: Next to bridge in front of Varanas
- Timer: 3 minutes
- Reward: Festival of Fire Voucher, Ice Rune ×2, plus more, maybe, item and quantity dependent on score
You receive a chess piece of a certain color. Clicking on a Pure Rune Crystal will change it's color into the color of the chess piece you are holding. When 3 or more chess pieces of the same color line up your team will score. Think "Bejewelled". Diagonals work as well as straight rows or columns.
- After registration, you must wait 60 seconds to start the game.
- Up to 4 challengers may play at the same time.
- Registration is closed while the game is being played.
- Chess Piece colors are: Red, Yellow and Blue. The color changes after each use.
- work each row or column from the ends toward the middle so you get 5 gems instead of 3. This increases your score considerably.
Advice when playing in a team: Agree beforehand to assign a specific color to each row or column.
Specific Time Events[edit | edit source]
All event start times are in Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8). If you are in the Central timezone (GMT -6), add 2 hours. If you are on the East coast (GMT -5), add 3 hours.
Schedule[edit | edit source]
- 12:30am - Flame of Fortune
- 4:30am - Flame of Fortune
- 8:30am - Flame of Fortune
- Noon - Stemming the Epidemic
- 12:30pm - Flame of Fortune
- 3:00pm - Stemming the Epidemic
- 4:30pm - Flame of Fortune
- 6:00pm - Stemming the Epidemic
- 8:30pm - Flame of Fortune
- 9:00pm - Stemming the Epidemic
Stemming the Epidemic[edit | edit source]
- Registrar: Ethan Bryce [Rune Scholar] at Varanas Gates
- Event type: Cure Monsters
- Start Times: 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm (PST)
- Start location: Varanas Bridge
- Event location: Silverspring (Around Varanas Gates)
- Event Target: Cure the sick monsters with Flame Powder (with the help of Rune Traps)
- Rewards: Festival of Fire Voucher, plus one of the following (depending on score):
- Sick Bunny: 1 pt.
- Sick Wolf: 5 pts.
- Sick Bear: 10 pts.
- Unusual Pathogen: 20 pts and a title (title needed)
The higher the point value the more powders it takes to cure the target. No trap is needed for the bunnies, just cure them.
Hint: Drop a trap near the mob, smack it lightly (not enough to kill it! Best would be to use a debuff to anger it without doing damage!) then kite it across the trap to snare it.
Flame of Fortune[edit | edit source]
- Transport from Varanas Gates: Jane Solon [Flame of Fortune Event Organizer]
- Registrar: Giselle Fred [Flame of Fortune Event Organizer] at Oblivion Shrine in Tagena
- Event type: Help NPC/Collecting Points
- Event Sequence: Event commences daily at 12:30am, 4:30am, 8:30am, 12:30pm, 4:30pm, 8:30pm (PST). Registration begins 10 minutes before the event commences.
- Event location: in northern Silverspring (Tagena) at the Oblivion Shrine
- Event Target: Collect Runes in the Magic Circle and throw them at the Altar.
Jane Solon [Flame of Fortune Event Organizer] at the Varanas Gates will explain the rules to you and transport you (once per day only) to the Oblivion Shrine in Tagena but you have to talk to Giselle Fred when you get there to register.
Gather near the Prayer Altar, within the swirling misty circle. As a Rune appears, click on it, then use the skill to Throw Rune to throw it into the brazier atop the Prayer Altar. This accrues points to your Score.
When the event is over, you have 30 minutes to turn in the points for your rewards.
Thunderhoof Hills/Dalanis Gates[edit | edit source]
Light the Pyre![edit | edit source]
- NPC: Lujken Lajet [Fire Official]
- Event type: Help NPC/Control Fire
- Start location: Thunderhoof Hills, outside Dalanis City
- Event location: Thunderhoof Hills, outside Dalanis City
- Event Target: Control the fire with water and catalyzed runes as the NPC wants it
To light a fire:
- You have 60 seconds to reach and maintain the instructed flame intensity. The acceptable margin of error is +/- 3.
- The fire will randomly grow or shrink.
- Use Water Bucket (Alt-1) to Decrease flame intensity a random amount.
- Use Catalysis Rune (Alt-2) to increase flame intensity a random amount.
There is no transport NPC to send you to Dalanis Gates so you will need to use other means. Transport via Snoop Portal from Varanas, first to Ancient Kingdom of Rorazan and then on to Thunderhoof Hills, will cost you 4,400 total.
Dust Devil Canyon/Valley of Scars[edit | edit source]
Drive Beast[edit | edit source]
- Guiding Quests:
- Transport from Varanas Gates: Magic Circle behind Anny Garcia [Beast Hunter]
- Registrar: Aishas Garcia [Beast Hunter]
- Event type: Help NPC, defeat monster
- Start location: Varanas Bridge
- Event location: Dust Devil Canyon
- Event Target: (Group Quest) Defeat the Ice or Fire monster by either assisting NPC or assisting your group.
- You are not allowed to face Thysdyr alone!
- Titles Available:
Aishas Gracia tells you that they need Flame Rune ×3 or Ice Rune ×3 to power the device to attract Thysdyr. The devices power will only last for 5 minutes so Thysdyr must be contained within that time limit. Additional Flame Runes will need to be used to defeat him.
|This page relates to a quest, mob, event, or item involved in the annual Festival of Fire (January to February)|
|Runes of Magic Wiki @gamepedia would like to thank Runes of Magic US Forums for some of the information in this article.|
- Patch 184.108.40.20601
- Patch Notes 6.5.3
Pages in category "Festival of Fire"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total.