Runes of Magic Wiki:Community portal
| Community Portal
Lost in a sea of projects, policies, and debates? Look no further! These are the current hot topics.
watchlist and stay on top of things!to your
Hot discussions[edit source]
Current wiki news[edit source]
Recently, Bludwyng became a Sysop here and started a major revision of the wiki, including a complete suite of more-powerful Templates. He is currently working on writing adapters to convert the old templates to use the new ones but this takes time. For the moment, we are not advocating wholesale editing of all the old pages to use the new templates, but eventually that is optimal. For the time being it is important to use the new templates instead of the old ones.
- Quests: Template:BWQuest instead of Template:Quest
- Mobs: Template:Mob instead of Template:Monster
- Items: Template:BWItem instead of Template:Item
- Zones: Template:Zone
- POIs: Template:POI
- Objects: Template:Object
- Linkers: see Category:Linker Templates - These replace and improve the standard wiki linking, making it possible to colorize the links in a relevant way.
Requests for Comment[edit source]
Requests for comment are for assisting editors in gathering further input on any wiki matter. This can be useful in generating discussion, resolving disputes, or reaching consensus. All editors are welcome to assist with a request by responding within the linked talk page. Remember that the Runes of Magic Wiki operates on a system of consensus rather than voting, and explaining your reasoning can generally be more helpful than simply supporting one side of a dispute.
To create a new request: add an item to the top of the list below, providing a brief, neutral summary of the issue and linking to an appropriate talk page section, without using alternative text for the link.
- Guild pages - Should guild pages be moved into a separate dedicated namespace?
- Item Shop - Best way to list items: alphabetical or the way they are sorted in-game?
- Looking for an opinion on how to deal with boss information, for instances in specific. I am thinking I'll list the bosses in the same format as Boss_Base but one table for each instance. Or should I compile all of them into 1 page? Should this page be the same as Boss_Base?
- Finally settled on Template:Boss to better organize the info on the instance's Zone page, and on each boss mob's Mob page.